NCBAA is committed to the following mission:
- Improving diversity and resultant educational opportunities and professional development for African American students, faculty, staff, and administrators.
- Developing collaborative relationships with educational, business, governmental, and public service organizations with compatible goals.
- Networking to maximize the achievement of career goals for African American students, faculty, staff, and administrators.
- Articulating positions on issues affecting African Americans in the formulation of policy and decision-making.
NCBAA acknowledges the worth of the individual and affirms its belief in the following widely shared values:
- Lifelong learning and development for all people.
- Collegial sharing of information and ideas.
- Access to higher education for all people; increased access for the underserved.
- Diversity of people, ideas and learning styles.
- Teaching excellence and innovation, through intellectual, social, cultural, and technological enrichment.
- Partnerships with federal, state and local entities that share similar missions, goals and objectives.
- Volunteerism for causes, objectives and purposes supportive of the aims of NCBAA.
- Recognition of excellence.
- Role modeling to enhance student achievement, teaching performance as well as staff and administrative effectiveness.